Frozen shoulder is the common name for adhesive capsulitis. It’s a medical condition that can cause extreme pain and a very limited range of motion(ROM) in the shoulder joint (glenohumeral socket) area. Frozen shoulder creates intense contraction of the capsule that surrounds and supports the shoulder girdle,hence its name adhesive CAPSULITIS. Although many articles and ‘experts’ will claim that the cause of frozen shoulder pain is unknown,that simply isn’t true. What is true however,is that it has a multitude of causitive factors. These include,but certainly aren’t limited to:
- Any sort of injury to the shoulder area such as a strain or sprain.
- Being out of spinal alignment relates to this as well and this is why seeing a qualified chiropractor is imperative in healing frozen shoulder pain.
- Age,in a sense,can be a risk factor in developing frozen shoulder pain. The majority of people with frozen shoulder are women between forty and sixty years of age. This could very well be tied to hormonal changes that occur during this stage of life.
- What I believe is a major factor in creating frozen shoulder in people that is not usually hit upon on most websites is the underlying emotional factor. Supressed emotions and painful memories that have not been properly processed can most certainly manifest as physical pain. The mind/body connection has been proven by both scientific studies,as of late,as well as ancient wisdom for thousands of years.
If you are interested in healing the root cause of physical symptoms I refer you to the EFT website at www.emofree.com and books by current healing/spiritual genius minds such as Deepak Chopra and Bruce Lipton.
- Diabetes has been found to be highly related to developing frozen shoulder pain. It’s one more reason to control carbohydrate intake and live a healthy lifestyle to avoid this dangerous,painful condition.
Frozen shoulder starts with a stiffening,contracting effect of the shoulder area where adhesive bands are formed,restricting motion. It then proceeds through two additional stages as is shown below.
- -First,the painful,freezing state. This stage normally has the highest level of acute pain. Range of motion is starting to becoming impaired,but its not nearly as stiff the next phase. Most people will claim that this stage takes anywhere from six to twelve weeks to move through but that is with the old paradigm of healing. Using the above mentioned mind/body techniques along with the proper physiological support,healing can go MUCH,MUCH quicker. Don’t suffer through drawn out pain just because it has been dubbed ‘normal’ by an outmoded modality of medicine.
- -Second comes the actual frozen stage,where it gets its notorious name. The pain normally diminishes during this stage,but this is where you really lose your range of motion. Movement can be extremely limited,making it hard to even comb your hair,brush your teeth,button up your shirt,or anything else that involves raising your arm above your head. ‘Normal’ timeframes to work through this phase are usually quoted from four to six months,but again,see my above comments and don’t succumb to this unnecessary,drawn out suffering.
- -Third and finally comes the thawing stage. People at large will tell you this is a gradual drawn out phase,lasting as long as,or more,than a year! Please,please read into my above mentioned information.The information for quick,natural healing of frozen shoulder pain is there,and many have already benefitted from it. That is why I wrote this article,and created this blog as a whole. To help people heal their frozen shoulder far quicker than what is currently deemed as ‘normal’ and ‘unavoidable’. With the proper shoulder physical therapy,you will learn how to stretch the affected area to speed up healing. This,coupled with the above information should have you well on the road to a full,speedy recovery.